Friday, October 24, 2008

Birthday Special

28 Oct 198* : Born in Presbyterian Hospital, Durtlang at 5PM. Small and tiny, 2.6 Kg. Yet geing the third daughter, I still get the love, effection and attention from everyone.

25 Sept 1985 : Blessed with younger brother. Unlike me - huge and hairy.

1 Feb 1987 : Wore my first school uniform - gray pleated skirt, with hanky pinned in the front button. That was the best dress I ever liked. In school, I was asked to translate the word Apple into Mizo. I had no clue.

Jan 1990 : Moved to another town - Kolasib. New friends, new place, new school, new school uniform - blue skirt time, which i did not like it.

Dec 1990 : Somehow found out that Santa is not real.

Jan 1992 : Moved to bigger town - Aizawl. New school - Mary Mount School. I did not have friend in the first six months. But got better eventually where I met few of my good friends and Tlangnuam turned out to be my second home. I was elected as House Captain and that's when I realized I will not be a politician in this life.

Feb 1996 : Finally in high school. But nothing seemed like a high for three years. Knee-length skirt, pony-tailed hair with balck clips, no rings, no chains, no nailpolish, no earrings, no treading eye brows, no coloured hair. Life was simple though. But believe me, rules hardly mattered to me. I guess I was one person who was caught every wednesday.

April 1998: Had a really huge fight with Mr.KJ Joseph. I was suspended from the history class for one whole term. He put me back to his class when he found out I cleared his paper without attending any of his class.

Early 1999 : My 10th result was out. Time for me to bid goodbye to Tlangnuam where I spent 7 years of my life.

1999 - 2001: Enjoyed the chill mountains of Nilgiri Hills in Ooty. Girls' school, girls' hostel, girls everywhere. Good that I still learned alot for 2 years.

From 2001: Here

7 comments:

Puibawiha said...

Kum 1982-a piang i nih duh hmel.

ThaiBoy said...

Happy birth Day

Nancy Lalhriatpuii said...

thaiboy, thank you :-)

DJ... said...

Hey Nancy....Lovely timegraphs n memorable milestones... Waiting 4 ur Ooty blog... And pls write in English...Keep Rocking... [:)]

Mos-a said...

tawnzau maw i hak black thunder ah chuan. hehehe.

duhawma said...

ha..ha ziak tha lutuk..kei aiin i naupang hret (ka ring), min u vang2 tur i nih chu

Chhimkeite said...

I hmel a duhawm ang bawkin, i thu pawh a duhawm e. Thu ziak lam hi ka eng lo thenna a ni lova, i laka zirlai nih ka inhuam e.