Monday, June 30, 2008

Appearance α Confidence

Like many people of my age, my confidence depends on my appearance. When I looked myself in the mirror just before my day began in the morning, the first thing that would strike my mind was to decide whether I would be the strong and confident girl or the poor little girl.

There were times I was so timid and shy that I could hardly look into people’s eyes while having a conversation and there happened few times that I could not talk aloud, too low that I could not hear myself, forget about speaking my mind. And when I walked outside, I did not look above my eye level, I instead walked like a pussy cat who stole a dead fish from a frying pan. These happened when:
1) I wear something which is very uncomfortable to me. Eg: Salwars, Puan
2) I do not put any make up on my face. Believe me I tend to feel sleepy without makeup.
3) I wear flat sandal.
4) I have oily hair. That’s when I do not shampoo my hair in the morning.
5) My eyebrows are undone.

I just could not be myself. Or maybe the other way round. I have always been a shy and quiet girl. Psychologically, appearance changed me because I have faith in it. This may be strange to many people but it is true. It has happened maybe for almost a decade and is still happening.

4 comments:

awitei said...

Helloo..got ur link thru misual.com and so weird most of d thing uve written here applies to me..except salwar,wit which m most comfy:)..for me,i need my makeup on,my round earring n my high heels..they hav to be there..:)

Btw,u know any guy named"Irfan"?he's my colleague and he once asked if I know mizo girl named Nancy??

Nancy Lalhriatpuii said...

@toy soldier: irfan of accenture a mi i sawi chu?

awitei said...

ou...ni e

DaGGyLo said...

I blog hi hei a 'PUI' hian han siam teh aaa!! hihi j/k
:P